Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bring It On

As I sit here, procrastinating the large pile of impending finals work that lays before me, my mind wanders to all things post-finals. To summer, the magical time when we college students set aside required reading and writing to focus on that which moves us intellectually and emotionally. Or at least, that's what I do!
I always like to set goals of sorts for the summer, to safe-guard against becoming lethargic and lackadaisical. So here they are, writting in the two-dimensional cyber system, my projects for the summer.

1. Study for the GRE - Not thrilling, at all, but I am taking this exam in July, so I should at least attempt to prepare for it.
2. Knit a simple sweater.
3. Translate three Elliott Smith CD's into French - I figured out this is an excellent way to work on a language.
4. Learn by heart five songs on my violin.
5. Read 5 challenging books - the books are to be decided, I'll keep you updated.

So there you have it, summer projects to engage the intellect, the creative, the studious, the linguistic, and the musical.
What can I say, I'm a Renaissance woman.

Knit. Purl. Revolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment