Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On being a vegan model


Ok, so I'm not a model, but I am a vegan.
And today I was photographed by a fellow college student for a photography project she is completing, with vegans as her subjects.
I wonder what of being vegan can be captured in a photograph?
Health, defiance, resoluteness, strength?

Living vegan is to be defiant and in opposition to an oppression that many choose to ignore or turn away from - the oppression that humans inflict on non-human creatures.
It is a daily protest.

And to anyone who will look me in the eye and say "what you are doing doesn't matter, it makes no difference", I'll look them right back in the eye and quote my favorite Minor Threat lyric:

"At least I'm fucking trying, what the fuck have you done?"

Knit. Purl. Revolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment